What We Offer
- Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO) for cranial cruciate ligament injury
- Extracapsular suture repair for cranial cruciate ligament injury
- Medial or lateral patella luxation repair
- Shoulder instability
- Biceps tendon injury
- Fracture repair with plates, pins or external skeletal fixation
Soft Tissue / Reconstructive
- Surgery of small and large bowel, liver and spleen
- Surgery of the urinary bladder, kidneys, ureters or urethra
- Surgery of chest to include PDA, PRRA, lung lobectomy and pericardial disease
- Surgery of the endocrine system to include adrenals, pancreas, thyroid and parathyroid glands
- Skin reconstruction and large mass removal
MI (Minimally Invasive)
- Flexible endoscopy of the upper and lower gastrointestinal system
- Rigid endoscopic evaluation of the nasal passages and sinuses
- Rigid endoscopic evaluation of the urethra and urinary bladder
- Arthroscopy of the shoulder and elbow
NWVS utilizes Ligasure® Vessel Sealing Technology which allows rapid, virtually blood less surgery of very vascular organs such as the spleen or liver. It also has applications in oncologic and upper airway surgery.
In 2016, NWVS launched a minimally invasive (MI) line of procedures utilizing the compact STORZ Telex Vet Pack. This mobile equipment will allow NWVS to perform more procedures with fewer to no incisions leading to more comfortable recoveries for our patients.
Late in 2016 we will also introduce a small bronchoscope to assess airways in all small animals.